Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Toooo Busy


Hi all

After an incredibly long absence I have returned. Yes I failed all my good intentions to return more frequently before but just have to move on from that. This time I really do intend to make more frequent postings and now that my life is slowly becoming less busy and I am getting some stuff finished I should be able to achieve more regular postings.

So what have I been up to in my absence? Lots but I will tell about all of that in bits and pieces.

The most recent event of note for quilters was my visit to Dianne Finnegan's exhibition at Primrose Park Gallery Cremorne NSW. What can I say but Wow! I came home inspired!There was so much to learn and absorb. Even the finding Primrose Park was a worthwhile experience - one of Sydney's many hidden little gems. And the opportunity to learn about the venue, the Artist in Residence scheme as well as see the quilts and talk to Dianne was one I am just so glad I took. Watch out for some articles on this in the next few issues of iQuilt next year.

The one regret was that I did not learn about this exhibition earlier. Consequently it was not listed in the "Wot's On" section of iQuilt. So the message is, if you have an event please submit it to us for listing via the website. Then we can list it for all to find and hopefully increase the participation in the listed quilting events.

Must away now, so back sooon!
Nora

No comments: