Monday, January 28, 2008

The new house


What can I say but WOW!

We are "moved in" sort of. And everyone (except the dog) is very happy. We have boxes, boxes and more boxes scattered over the floor but that will pass. And finally I have a sewing area.

During the move we had a few mishaps the worst being


  • I put a project I was sewing in a "safe place". It will turn up I'm sure but in the mean time I started again.

  • My DH has hurt his back. That will teach him to lift and twist - the thing we mothers are told not to do when we are lifting babies.

  • A few stored boxes of material were wet. Fortunately it doesn't seem to bad but I am waiting for the washing machine to finish to really know.

The cat is very happy. He has no dog inside to deal with and can see outside through the windows that go to the floor.


The boys are very happy. They finally have seperate bedrooms, though they really have not wanted them till now. And they have their own living area where we can shut the door and not hear the noise.


DH is very happy. He has an office and lots of cables to investigate. This house has phone and TV connectors all over the place. The oven does not produce toxic smoke every time you use it. He likes to cook roasts. There are lots of windows to open and let a breeze in. And the list goes on...


The dog is not actually unhappy. She has been shut out of the house but has her own yard to run around in and we rescued a little dog from the pound to give her a little friend to harass. She has a lot of Kelpie and Collie in her and cannot help but round things up. Being rounded up drove the cat nuts.


And best of all I am very happy! I finally have space to set my sewing up, and a garage we can store stuff in that is weather proof and a yard I can have a veggie garden in and..... a long list of things. The view does not compare with the one we had in Sydney but hey who has all day to look at the view, but the sunsets are better, like those where I grew up that were spectacular in part due to the dust in th air which you never get on the coast.


There are lots of things we need to sort out but at least this is our place and we can fix, repair and improve things. And my biggest complaint over the last few weeks is that I have been to tired to stay up and watch the tennis. Oh you missed it to because it went so late? Oh well!

Now I will be able to get back to iQuilt instead of all the other distractions I have had recently in my life.


So till next time, bye from a contented
Nora

No comments: