Sunday, January 6, 2008

I return, at last!



After big absence I return. So much for my my intention of blogging on a regular basis. But now I hope to improve my track record. (Won't take much! lol)


I hope you all had a safe and enjoyable Christmas and New Year. Our's thankfully was quiet and relatively uneventful. We did get up to Thredbo. Top picture is a relatively gentle run we sometimes ski - just as well the snow covers those rocks!
2nd picture is of some of the alpine wildflowers. I was trying to get pics the different varieties but the battery in the camera died. These were at the top of the chairlift. We then made the mistake of walking down the Merrit's trail (or some such name). We asked how long it would take - "Oh about 45 minutes" was the reply. Over 2 hours later the boys finally got their ride on the bobsled (which is at the bottom of the trail).


2007 has been a huge year for me. The 3 major events were:
  • moving out of Sydney
  • going back to uni effectively full time
  • starting iQuilt

The end of the year got a bit crazy/busy with keepng iQuilt going and my uni exams - 3 in a week. And I probabkly did more sewing in 2007 than I have for a long time.

And by the looks of things 2008 is going to be another huge year as well. The big tasks are almost repeats of 2007 being:

  • moving house again (but just locally now we are staying in the country)
  • more uni but not full time and
  • improving iQuilt (watch out for lots of new things)

So the next 12 months are a bit daunting, but 2009 will be a lot quieter and less busy and hopefully I will have time to smell the roses so to speak.

Nevertheless, the plan is to make my life a little easier by being more organised and focussed and the best thing is that I will have some more people involved with iQuilt.

The first of these is Alison George. Those of you who visit the iQuilt website will have seen projects from Alison. Having Alsion on board will allow me time to "play" with all the technical bits of the website. This is something I have been unable to find time for and I am very excited about finally getting to some of these things. There are just so many fun things that can be added to the site, well fun if your technical and hopefully useful and user friendly for everone else.

So I had better go and get to those fun things.

Till next time and I really do plan for it to be sooner

Nora

No comments: