Friday, January 11, 2008

Moving


I'm back quite promptly - working on that commitment to return regularly.

Next week, hopefully we settle on the house we are buying in the country. I sound dubious about it because I have never been given such a hard time by a vendor and until we actually settle something can happen. The picture is of the Ned Kelly sculpture out the front.

Anyway all that aside, we are all getting very excited about moving out of the house we have been renting for the last 12 months into our own house. It is a long time since we have rented a house and it has been a very interesting experience. Some of the things we are looking forward to are:


  • having doors that close properly

  • being able to put in a pet door so the cat can come and go as he likes without going over the kitchen bench to get out the window (hate cats even in the kitchen le alone on the bench)

  • having windows without broken glass

  • having the hot and cold water connected correctly (this house has a tap with them the wrong way round)

  • having a kitchen floor that does not immediately absorb every liquid that is spilled on it (I dropped a bottle of wine and it had dissappeared into the floor before I could even get a cloth)

  • having light switches that are not dodgy

  • being able to establish a proper veggie garden

  • and the list continues

And the big thing is being able to fix or change the things that are not how we want them.


But the main point of this is that my time will be occupied moving for the next few weeks. So the sewing will be packed up and put aside for a little while until I have the new house sorted out. But the really good thing is I will finally be able to unpack lots of stuff that has been in boxes for the last year. I am really looking forward to reacquainting myself with all my treasures, especially my stash.


Till next time
Nora

1 comment:

Bronwyn said...

Re-discovering your stash is like catching up with long lost friends - enjoy!